From hopping in cabs to catch shows Lincoln Center to transferring three times on the train to get to a presentation downtown to melting Friday and freezing on Tuesday, my first New York Fashion Week wore me out! But there were a few key things that kept me sane and going:
1. Tazo Green Tea. I'm not much of coffee drinker. So only In the most desperate of situations will I drink coffee. But I am a huge green tea drinker. And thanks to the Starbucks up the street from my apartment, the one across from Lincoln Center and the Tazo Green tea sale at Target, I'm pretty sure my Blood Tea Level was near the lethal limit.
2. Hand Sanitizer. The only place that wasn't crowded during fashion week was my own room. And I was only there literally long enough to wash, get dressed and sleep. So between sneezing toddlers on the train and tipsy bloggers at rooftop parties, hand sanitizer was a must!
3. Portable Phone Charger (similar). I was supposed to get this months ago, but this little device has vastly improved my life. It's not theeee best portable charger ever, but I have been able to last all day without my phone dying.
4. Phillip Lim for Target Pashli (similar). This is my ride or die bag. It fit two pairs of shoes, my laptop, chargers, multiple magazines, make-up kit, a camera, a partridge and a pair tree.
5. H&M Flats. Flats shoes are a bloggers best friend. Don't let these girls fool you! Ain't nobody walking around alllll day in Louboutins. Everyone has a pair of flats handy.
6. Stila Liquid Eyeliner. I've consistently worn Stila liquid eyeliner for about two and a half years. It goes on super easy and creates clean, concise lines. Needless to say, I wore this tube OUT during fashion week.
7. Benefit They're Real Mascara. I've done the light work when it comes to trying out mascara. L'oreal to Dior, Benefit's They're Real beats them all. The volume, length, definition all glide on super easy. It lasts all day and with proper application, doesn't clump.
8. Sally Hansen Quick Dry Polish. I've painted my toes in cabs and on the steps of Lincoln Center more times than I'd like to admit. And no one has time for chipped toes or drying polish. One coat and off to a show!
9. H&M earrings (similar). H&M has really stepped their accessories game up recently. Statement necklaces, simple gold chains, scarfs, rings oh my! I bought two pairs of statement earrings and I wore them almost everyday. Fast fashion for the win!
10. Portable Perfume bottle. Another everyday life saver. While most of my perfumes last all day, it's nice to just refresh yourself before a party or show. This is super easy to refill and carry and is great for traveling. My go to perfumes: Marc Jacobs Oh Lola and Coco Mademoiselle.
11. Eco Styler gel (similar). I was team twist out during fashion week. And my (then transitioning) hair required nightly twisting (reason number 393,926 why I cut my hair). But the natural girl's go to styling gel kept the curls popping without too much build-up.
12. Jojoba Oil. Team natural or not, go get you some of this. It's a great sealing oil for your hair, and a great after shower oil to lock in moisture in your skin. #NoAshZone
13. Becca Cosmetics Brush. I went to a make-up party a few months ago and received this product that changed my life. It's a face brush like none I've ever seen. It buffs on foundation, concealer and blush so effortlessly, I'm never going to use anything else. It gives me a professional airbrush looking with three passes of the brush.
14. Becca Cosmetics Lip gloss. I'm not sure of the name of the color (its a hot pink), but this is my go to lip gloss. It's super pigmented, long-lasting and feels great on the lips without being sticky. That's all a girl asks for!
15. Becca Cosmetics Beach Tint. This product is as beautiful in the container as it is applied to the face. With both highly pigmented pink and gold shades, this products can be applied lips, cheeks and eyelids. All of which I did, several times over.
Honestly all these products are great for any crazy busy week. Because honey, fashion never stops!
Shop The Post: Tazo® Tea and Teapot Gift Sets • Bed Bath & Beyond • $19.99
Get Your Daily Dose of Feminine Fun!